The Hummer Network

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to read thread content, participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other Hummer enthusiasts through your own private inbox.

1995 VLCO (Half-door soft top) with 2pc wagon top

Asking Price (USD)
$60000
Or Best Offer or Firm Price?
OBO

Grayman

Driver
Up for sale is my 1995 Hummer VLCO. This is one of 52 VLCO’s made in 1995 and one of only 5 with the deep metallic green paint, black top and gray interior. It has just under 136,000 miles and I have owned the truck since 2013. The truck has been completely trouble free since I bought it which is hard to find with these trucks. The truck was originally purchased in CA and lived there until I purchased it so it is completely rust free. It appraised for 65-75k when I purchased the truck. The truck has never been crashed and aside from normal wear & tear is exceptionally clean.

Asking $60,000 or best reasonable offer

The good:

+Truck runs and drives great! The 6.5 N/A and 4 speed is one of the most reliable combinations they made. It won’t win any drag races but it will get you from A to B without any drama.

+Truck comes with the factory soft top and half doors. Also comes with a two piece fiberglass hard top that resembles the factory wagon top without the corrosion or weight.

+Truck has had some upgrades / updates:

Tree hugger (or similar) brush guard

Matching custom roof rack

Half-shaft bolt locking tab kit

Upgraded Shepard steering box

Recently rebuilt radiator

All steering components replaced with upgraded moog / Shepard HD components

Ball joints upgraded to mood problem solver

Truck professionally aligned

Cooling stack cleaned / inspected

Differentials and geared hubs flushed and inspected

Louvered hood panel

Factory UCP added

Batteries relocated to the rear passenger floor

Rear pintle hitch

*All work has been done by or inspected by a well regarded professional hummer mechanic

+Lots of accessories come with the truck:

Rhino tire carrier

Factory center rear bench seat (gray cloth)

In bed factory tire carrier

1pc steel spare with decent tire

Factory rear HVAC unit

Expedition tool kit and rack (fit on the rhino carrier)

Factory tonneau cover

*If it sells for asking price I will include the following:

Rod Hall racing SOCOM mid-travel shocks and springs. (Shocks were rebuilt by Chad Hall and custom springs were wound for this specific truck)

4x new in the box H2 alloy wheels
The bad:

-The interior of the truck is mid-upgrade so the dog house is out of the truck and stripped. The dog house has been partially repaired and has a passenger side knee cutout added. It will need to have the remaining holes cut out for HVAC / stereo ports and then recovered.

-The dash topper is in the same condition and will need to have repairs finished and be recovered

-The drivers seat material is cracked and separating at the seams

-The factory HVAC plenum was removed by the previous owner and I do not have a replacement. All of the factory AC components were removed from the truck and will go with the truck. Functionality is unknown.

-The factory soft top is intact but slightly weathered. The covers for the half doors are the same. The top and half doors will need the window material replaced.

-The drivers side rear tire has a slow leak

-The hood has been plasti-dipped

-The paint shows it’s age and has some Nevada pinstripes

If you’re looking for a proven reliable starting point to your dream hummer then look no further. This truck has been absolutely problem free and a pleasure to own. This truck isn’t perfect but it is clean and will give the next owner the rare chance to set the truck up exactly how they want it.

I am only selling because I am lookin to put the funds towards a plug-n-play off-road race rig. I’m not in a hurry to sell but I will entertain possible trades or reasonable offers.

Attachments

• 3CFC4AD1-35CF-4BD9-95BB-90F3CAAED5FE.jpeg
    3CFC4AD1-35CF-4BD9-95BB-90F3CAAED5FE.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 158
  • 10CB6B0E-3AE5-43DB-952F-E11249EE4DF1.jpeg
    10CB6B0E-3AE5-43DB-952F-E11249EE4DF1.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 156
  • 6BDAE4E7-7FDE-4082-B323-45E158AA170F.jpeg
    6BDAE4E7-7FDE-4082-B323-45E158AA170F.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 158
  • BF9A4FDE-7B89-4595-9F91-A0D416B8D388.jpeg
    BF9A4FDE-7B89-4595-9F91-A0D416B8D388.jpeg