The Hummer Network

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to read thread content, participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other Hummer enthusiasts through your own private inbox.

Windshield Guard / Light Bar

Zen Dude

Kong's Guide
Does anyone know where I can get this windshield guard / light bar? I really like this mounting and style but can't seem to locate this style with the center post and mounting points. I took these picks from an H1 that I saw in the Los Angeles area.

H1 Windshield Guard.JPG
H1 Windshield Guard 2.JPG

Hummercore makes a lightbar that has the center support, but it doesn't look like that one. I don't know what value the center support provides, LED light bars aren't heavy.

It's a cool looking lightbar but I fear it may not provide the protection that other lightbars do that cover the entire outside radius of the windshield frame. While useful for mounting lights, they're actually designed to deflect incoming branches from hitting the windshield frame (and the windshield itself to some extent).

Some lightbar makers have two different models, one for hardtops/wagons and one for open tops since they have different windshield frame profiles.

Hummercore makes a lightbar that has the center support, but it doesn't look like that one. I don't know what value the center support provides, LED light bars aren't heavy.
Thanks. ... ya, I hear ya on the center support function, and I was jus thinking about a bit more windshield protection.

It's a cool looking lightbar but I fear it may not provide the protection that other lightbars do that cover the entire outside radius of the windshield frame. While useful for mounting lights, they're actually designed to deflect incoming branches from hitting the windshield frame (and the windshield itself to some extent).

Some lightbar makers have two different models, one for hardtops/wagons and one for open tops since they have different windshield frame profiles.
Tad... good point on the protection. I hadn't noticed that the corners of the windshield are still exposed. And while I DO like the design of the one I took a pic of, I'm more of a function over form guy, so will likely consider something that provides more of the protection that I want.

Reactions: Tad