The Hummer Network

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to read thread content, participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other Hummer enthusiasts through your own private inbox.

NEW GEP long block in Lansing Mi for sale.

hummer4x4guy

Lead Driver
So long story short:
I ordered a GEP long block for my humvee but they made a H1 long block. Different passenger side valve cover and different oil pan and a heater block.
I’m waiting to see what Leroy diesel and/or GEP will or won’t do.
So if anyone is looking for one and wants to buy it for exactly what I paid I’d be happy to do that and have them try again and build a humvee one. Located in Lansing Mi.

Attachments

• IMG_4236.jpeg
    IMG_4236.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 22
  • 9B7E6FE5-83AE-4B3F-B9FF-99D76BA05C97.jpeg
    9B7E6FE5-83AE-4B3F-B9FF-99D76BA05C97.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 24
  • DateStamper_0168.jpeg
    DateStamper_0168.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 25
  • DateStamper_0167.jpeg
    DateStamper_0167.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 24
Opps hit post on accident above.
I think you got a truck engine. That is a truck valve cover and oil pan. The pickup tube will also be different under the pan. It won’t hurt anything to run the other pan- in fact I run that pan and pickup tube in my hummer on purpose.

The “hummer” engine is actually a van engine and they have a different front cross member than pickups. With hummers wanting differential and slightly faster oil drain back to the engine when nose up. The reason I don’t like it is prolonged nose down drives allows the oil to drain away from the pick up tube towards the front of the engine easier rather than trapping it in the pan. Advantages/ disadvantages to both. Personally I would ask for a new set on valve covers be shipped with gaskets. Do all the flashing clean up with both off then put on the hummer covers.

But make sure you verify those intake mounting holes first.